- Art & Culture
Advent and Christmas magic in Villa Arconati-Far
Villa Arconati-FAR is open to the public every Sunday from 11am to 5pm
Via Fametta, Castellazzo di Bollate (MI)
The atmosphere of the most magical days of the year lights up in the small Versailles
On Sundays in December 2019, Villa Arconati-FAR opens its doors for Advent and Christmas: the unique atmosphere of the most magical period of the year will be made unforgettable in the Villa of Wonders! Roasted chestnuts and mulled wine, sweets and hot chocolate, candy and cotton candy .. and a warm and welcoming Christmas Brunch.
A small Christmas market with selected Lombard artisan producers. Waiting for the arrival of Santa Claus.. on Sunday, December 15th!
From 11 to 18 every Sunday come and spend a day between Nature, Culture, Art and Taste, you will find:
- The Christmas market of the Villa: under the Loggiato about twenty exhibitors, chosen among the best Lombard artisanal realities, will give life to the small Christmas Market of the Villa, for those who want to take home a little Christmas gift that supports small producers.
- Even in the Bookshop of Villa Arconati-FAR you can find many handmade objects thanks to the collaboration with artisanal and social realities of the territory, who collaborate with Fondazione Augusto Rancilio to create unique and exclusive products: embroidered towels, jewelery with semi-precious stones of Baroque inspiration, scented candles with liquorice and spices with golden and silver decorations, ceramic decorations for the Christmas tree, jams, honey and other organic products ... and much more, for exclusive Christmas gifts with a spirit of solidarity.
- Leonardo at Villa Arconati-FAR: on the 500th anniversary of the death of Leonardo Da Vinci, the Augusto Rancilio Foundation hosts two exhibitions dedicated to the Tuscan genius and many events to celebrate it. Leonardo and the Arconates have, in fact, a common history that has lasted for over 400 years and is hidden within the walls of the Villa. Exhibitions and meetings with the culture of our time, shows, events and educational activities will allow us to understand the figure of Leonardo in an unrepeatable context, which will be an opportunity to discover an almost forgotten history. >>Read More
- The exhibition of the works of Kiron Espace also continues in 2019: six rooms on the main floor take on new life thanks to the work of six of the most representative exponents of the rich collection of contemporary art in the Parisian gallery. To these six rooms is added one with a protagonist of absolute exception: Egidio Costantini, the "master of glass" who collaborated among others with Oskar Kokoschka, Marc Chagall, Pablo Picasso, Jean Arp, Max Ernest and Peggy Guggenheim. The Augusto Rancilio Foundation is therefore confirmed as a reference point for the enhancement of Italian contemporary art. >>Read More
- Vintage Coaches: new spaces will be open to the public during 2019, including from March 24 three ex-warehouses in the courtyard next to the Scuderie Nobili, within which a permanent exhibition of original vintage carriages will be opened, used for public and private transport in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The exhibition is held thanks to the loan of Dodo Carrozze.
- Exclusive guided tours. There are many ways to get to know and experience Villa Arconati-FAR: a walk in the wonderful garden, a tasty brunch prepared by Caffè Goldoni, a visit to the historical and contemporary exhibitions. But for those who want to discover all the secrets of the Villa and immerse themselves in its centuries-old history, FAR offers exclusive guided tours to learn about the history that has made this place unique and have the opportunity to visit some of the most intimate (and otherwise inaccessible) environments. ) including the splendid Wing of the Ladies: (reservation on site, 11:30 am - 3 pm, € 4,00 upon purchase of the ticket for the Villa € 7/5);
- Delights for all at Caffè Goldoni: the coffee bar, whose name pays homage to the famous playwright in the villa at the court of Giuseppe Antonio Arconati in the mid-eighteenth century summers, offers visitors a rich selection of foods, drinks, sweet and savory snacks. It also organizes every Sunday the elegant brunch in the Red Room, dressed up for the occasion of the warm and welcoming Christmas atmosphere, from 12:00 to 15:00 (€ 25 including water, wine and coffee). And in the afternoon it will turn into a cozy tea room where you can enjoy a delicious Christmas snack with hot drinks, chocolate, slices of cake, biscuits and of course the typical Christmas cakes! And in the Corte Nobile.. roasted chestnuts and mulled wine. Please note that the cost of Brunch should be added to the Villa admission ticket (€7/5). Further Info on services, Brunch and booking >>Read More
Access Modes and Tickets: Read More