Terme di Sirmione
Viale Marconi, 2, Sirmione (BS)
+39 030 3748721
A few miles away from Desenzano, on the Lombard shore
of lake Garda, a strip of land stretches across the lake for 4 km, against a dreamlike backdrop.
This is Sirmione, the pearl of lake Garda, with its embattled towers and walls erected on water, small shops, wine bars and cosy romantic restaurants, the spa and wellbeing treatments, place for a weekend where relax, laziness and prestige are at their highest.
Sirmione has it all, traces of the ancient poet Catullus, and, in the more recent history, the villa where the divine soprano singer Maria Callas lived, the war vicissitudes of the Scaliger Castle (Castello Scaligero) and the legend of its phantom with a broken heart. Whatever your interest is, a good treat at the ‘One Thousand and One Nights’ setting of the spa centre is not to be missed. Here sulphurous salso-bromo-iodic water at an ideal temperature is conveyed to special pools for indoor or outdoor regenerating baths both during the day and at night, the year round.
During the first part of your stay, we recommend paying a visit to the historic town centre. Indeed, when you discover the spa, you will not want to get out of it! If you have a flair for archaeology, visit the Grotte di Catullo. If you want to pay tribute to the myth of Maria Callas, ask for the directions to the villa where she lived, but, more importantly, take some time to visit the park bearing her name – fully planted with cedars and cypresses.
For a walk along the lake, leave from -the Muse beach, in the shade of the castle. For a breathtaking visit, climb 146 steps to get to the top of the stronghold (Mastio), demanding but worth it! Why wait? You could be enjoying pampering in hotels with spa wellness areas, hours of fun, relaxing mud and bath sessions and gourmet menus that are a fusion of taste and a modern, healthy lifestyle.
In Sirmione you can also try out Aquaria, the Terme di Sirmione thermal spa, awellness centre that promises epicurean pleasure over 3,500 sq.m. of sheltered space and 6,500 of park, where you will find a choice of lake view pools, hot tubs, hydrotherapy beds, swan’s neck jets, aromatised rainbow showers, vascular circuits with wellness booths and a fully equipped gym hall. This futuristic thermal spa tops up the wellness offer of Terme Virgilio and Terme Catullo, two facilities that offer the best inhalation, motor rehabilitation, mud, bath and massage treatments.
5 reason to choose Sirmione
- The embattled walls of Castello Scaligero were erected on water. In the 13th century they defended the village and port. From the castle walkways, visitors will enjoy a tremendous view.
- The villa where Maria Callas used to spend her holidays cannot be visited inside, but in piazza Carducci, since 2002, an 18th century dwelling, now named Palazzo Callas, hosts exhibitions and events the year round.
- The Grotte di Catullo (literally ‘Catullus Caves’) at the extreme end of the peninsula is an archaeological site with ruins of a Roman villa dating back to the 1st century BC. Catullus, the poet of love, who is believed to be indigenous to this area, is said to have lived here.
- A place worth visiting in the Desenzano province is Palafitte del Lavagnone, which is among the prehistoric pile-dwelling sites forming part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
- On the Garda wine and food route, or Strada dei Vini e dei Sapori del Garda, viewers will enjoy a more impressive view of the lake as they walk from Salò to Sirmione, to visit the Valténesi and Lugana winemaking areas.
TERME DI SIRMIONE AQUARIA
From Sunday to Wednesday: 9,00 - 22,00
Thursday: 11,00 - 24,00
Friday and Saturday: 9,00 - 24,00
Special openings on holidays. Reservation i s recommended.