Val di Scalve is a valley with breathtaking views and a large park for ultimate relax
In the heart of Valle Camonica, on the right bank of the Dezzo torrent, among woods of beeches, sorbs and spruces is a citadel of Celtic origin, where life runs smoothly. One of the reasons for this is its ideal microclimate.
This citadel is called Angolo meaning ‘Corner’ because, in this location, the Val di Scalve valley forms a straight angle, which also provides a privileged vantage point for visitors to observe charming landscapes and amazing views from the top.
The most charming views are those on the Forra del Dezzo, all of which are perhaps well known to sportspeople practising rowing, climbing and fishing.
This does not mean that this destination is only meant for brave pros. Slow walkers and lovers of soft leisure activities, or anyone wishing to rest here after a long session of climbing to cliffs or hilltops will also appreciate it.
Angolo will treat you with a peaceful atmosphere and healthy spa waters, in the green sea of a flat park measuring 35,000 square metres. Here you will enjoy various spa therapies, heliotherapy (sun treatment), muds, baths, massages and ‘detoxifying’
walks. You can choose between a few hours of rest and a few days to spend in a relaxed atmosphere (the facility also offers accommodation in about eighty double rooms).
Its quiet rooms, a well distributed wellness route in the park and an outdoor pool make
Terme di Angolo a place suited for all the family.
Perhaps you will be interested to know that the centreis fed by two distinct sources, i.e. the San Silvestro source classified as "sulphate -bicarbonate-alkalineearthy"
and used in the treatment of stomach, bowel, kidney and urinary tract diseases under the control of the outpatient clinic staff (and also used for effective inhalations in the treatment of respiratory conditions) and the Fonte Nuova source, classified as “sulphatecalcic-magnesic”.
Its water is used to produce cosmetic thermal preparations with soothing, moisturising and exfoliating properties and based on various ingredients (almonds, blueberries and raspberries in particular).
Products are delicately scented and extremely beneficial. Guests are offered the option of trying them on site or purchasing them for home use.
5 REASONS TO CHOOSE ANGOLO
- In the town centre of Angolo, you will find fountains, stone portals, frescoes, wooden ceilings and balconies telling the story of the village. Among the most ancient buildings are Casa Albricci, Palazzo Laini and Casa Morosini.
- On the road connecting Angolo Terme to lake Moro is the Eremo di San Silvestro, a place of retreat built between the 16th and the 18th centuries, indeed a spiritual place in awesome natural spot.
- The tour of Lago Moro (www.lagomoro.net), a lake located between Angolo and Darfo, at 381 metres above the sea level, is a trip suited to all visitors, who will walk on unpaved roads across chestnut woods.
- Forra del Dezzo, also known as Via Mala, is a stretch of the Statale 294 trunk road between Angolo Terme and Dezzo di Scalve. With its breathtaking road sides overhanging the valley, it forms part of the Strada Verde delle Orobie.
- In the area, trekking lovers may choose between various itineraries. Among others is Sentiero 560, a trail proposed by the CAI (Italian Alpine Club), which starts from Angolo Terme and reaches Colle di Vareno.