Terme di San Pellegrino
Panoramic pools, waterfalls and bio saunas, in an elegant Belle Époque atmosphere
Via San Carlo, 4, San Pellegrino Terme (BG)
+ 39 0345 21020
Luminous, elegant, romantic. This is the Terme di San Pellegrino spa. Its very name is enough to evoke the golden period of the Belle Époque.
Have you been here recently? Extensive refurbishing has been carried out in recent years and when the place reopened, in December 2014, visitors were enchanted. If this Italian Liberty style construction was already fabulous in the past, today it is simply divine. It is still surrounded by the green of the Val Brembana valley.
The Bergamasco pre-Alps still stand out as the backdrop, but the spa resort has been transformed into something quite extraordinary. It is now a magical setting, more spectacular than ever, where past and present come together in new harmony. Frescos, columns and ceilings from the early twentieth century merge with contemporary design installations and state of the art technology.
Today, wellbeing sessions in San Pellegrino take place in two buildings, and include more than 30 different spa treatments, including panoramic pools, sensorial pools, waterfalls, Kneipp sessions, Vichy showers, steam baths and solarium garden. There are indoor and outdoor pools, saunas, bio saunas, Turkish baths, salt and ice rooms and a large massage zone. The indoor areas cover 6,000 square metres; those outdoors, set in the Parco della Fonte di San Pellegrino, cover a further 3,200.
And seeing as how feeling good also means good food, there is a Wellness lunch from Monday to Friday and during the weekends, the choice is between a light, yet flavourful breakfast or an equally delicious, light brunch. In addition, naughty but nice, every evening guests can spoil themselves with Aperiterme, a tasty happy hour in their bathrobes at the poolside.
San Pellegrino today is truly heaven on earth, where you can enjoy one, two or more days of pure relaxation. Without forgetting the increasingly specialised spa area for hydrotherapy, the feather in the cap of this resort, and a wide selection of treatments ranging from inhalation and insufflation to balneotherapy, from mud and hydromassage therapy, to pool physiotherapy.
5 reasons to choose San Pellegrino
- The most beautiful buildings at San Pellegrino date back to the start of thermal tourism. The Grand Hotel and the City Casino are outstanding examples of the Italian Liberty Style architecture.
- Nearby, the two medieval villages of Cornello dei Tasso and Oneta celebrate illustrious citizens. The former with the "Museo dei Tasso" postal museum, the latter with the "Casa Museo di Arlecchino", Harlequin's House and Museum.
- The Brembano Museum of Natural Science, housed in splendid Villa Speranza, is the perfect place for finding out about the prehistoric past, flora and fauna of this valley.
- The Zogno-Piazza Brembana cycle and pedestrian path runs through San Pellegrino. 21 km long, it follows the route of the historic Val Brembanarailway, now disused.
- Those who like excursions can opt for a walk in the mountains, to Pizzo Cerro, Monte Sornadello, Monte Gioco or Monte Zucco, with trails at altitudes between 1,000 and 1,600 metres.
TERME DI SAN PELLEGRINO
from Monday to Thursday: 10.00 - 23.00
Friday: 10.00 - 24.00
Saturday: 09.00 - 24.00
Sunday: 09.00 - 23.00
Reservation is recommended