- Art & Culture
Villa Arconati - Public Opening
Villa Arconati-FAR is open to the public every Sunday from 11am to 5pm
Via Fametta, Castellazzo di Bollate
There is a magical place just outside Milan where summer never ends: the "small Lombard Versailles" is a unique place, immersed in the greenery of the Parco delle Groane, where time has stopped at the glories of the eighteenth century! A place to live in so many different ways..
From 11am to 5pm every Sunday you come to spend a day between Nature, Culture, Art and Taste, you will find:
- Nobili e Servi: a fun comedy in Milanese dialect and Italian language that tells the story of the construction of the Castellazzo degli Arconati from the living words of those who played a leading role in the genesis of this place: Count Galeazzo Arconati >>Read More
- Leonardo at Villa Arconati-FAR: on the 500th anniversary of the death of Leonardo Da Vinci, the Augusto Rancilio Foundation hosts two exhibitions dedicated to the Tuscan genius and many events to celebrate it. Leonardo and the Arconates have, in fact, a common history that has lasted for over 400 years and is hidden within the walls of the Villa. Exhibitions and meetings with the culture of our time, shows, events and educational activities will allow us to understand the figure of Leonardo in an unrepeatable context, which will be an opportunity to discover an almost forgotten history. >>Read More
- Contemporary art exhibitions: in line with the Espace Kiron tradition, Augusto Rancilio Foundation gives space to the works of a young artist Alessandro Gioiello and to two more mature artists Valdi Spagnulo and Mario Raciti. Alessandro ioiello proGposes a reflection on ancient art through the collage technique while Valdi Spagnulo and Mario Raciti conquer for them light art through the leaning of the graphic sign. >>Read More
- The exhibition of the works of Kiron Espace also continues in 2019: six rooms on the main floor take on new life thanks to the work of six of the most representative exponents of the rich collection of contemporary art in the Parisian gallery. To these six rooms is added one with a protagonist of absolute exception: Egidio Costantini, the "master of glass" who collaborated among others with Oskar Kokoschka, Marc Chagall, Pablo Picasso, Jean Arp, Max Ernest and Peggy Guggenheim. The Augusto Rancilio Foundation is therefore confirmed as a reference point for the enhancement of Italian contemporary art. >>Read More
- Vintage Coaches: new spaces will be open to the public during 2019, including from March 24 three ex-warehouses in the courtyard next to the Scuderie Nobili, within which a permanent exhibition of original vintage carriages will be opened, used for public and private transport in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The exhibition is held thanks to the loan of Dodo Carrozze.
- Exclusive guided tours. There are many ways to get to know and experience Villa Arconati-FAR: a walk in the wonderful garden, a tasty brunch prepared by Caffè Goldoni, a visit to the historical and contemporary exhibitions. But for those who want to discover all the secrets of the Villa and immerse themselves in its centuries-old history, FAR offers exclusive guided tours to learn about the history that has made this place unique and have the opportunity to visit some of the most intimate (and otherwise inaccessible) environments. ) including the splendid Wing of the Ladies: (reservation on site, 11:30 am - 3 pm, € 4,00 upon purchase of the ticket for the Villa € 7/5);
- Delights for all at Caffè Goldoni: the coffee bar, whose name pays homage to the famous playwright in the villa at the court of Giuseppe Antonio Arconati in the mid-eighteenth century summers, offers visitors a rich selection of foods, drinks, sweet and savory snacks. It also organizes every Sunday the elegant brunch in the Red Room from 12:00 to 15:00 (€ 25 including water, wine and coffee). Please note that the cost of Brunch should be added to the Villa admission ticket (€7/5). Further Info on services, Brunch and booking >>Read More
Access Modes and Tickets: Read More