Terme di Miradolo
Waterfalls, emotional showers and massages with chocolate. The hills loved by Petrarca
Not one, but four, each with its own special properties.The natural water springs that feed the Terme di Miradolo spa—Ca' de Rho, San Pietro, Vittoria, and Saline Santa Maria—are rich in iodine, sulphur, sodium chloride, calcium, bromine and magnesium.
Together, they form a truly unique bouquet of water, thanks to which this spa centre prevents and treats a variety of ailments: pathologies affecting the respiratory tract, ears, stomach, skin, liver, kidneys, the vascular system, bones and joints. Whatever your weakness, here you will find the most suitable treatment.
But why stop at what you need when you can have more?
Everyone knows that in order to really feel good, it is not enough to “feel well”; you also need to pamper yourself now and then, recharge your batteries for new
energy and positivity.
No coincidence then that one of the most popular spa sessions at the La Salina
Wellbeing Centre is called Caressed with chocolate, a massage with cocoa that lasts a delicious 25 minutes.
There are plenty of other relaxing and detox sessions on offer though, that allow users
to try all the facilities: spa water pools, hydromassage rooms, differentiated temperature vascular sessions, toning waterfalls, a Roman Spa with tiepidariummelmarium,
Turkish bath, and emotional showers.
Outside, there is another pool, beach volleyball, basketball, and tennis courts, bowls and five-a-side football. All around, a sea of green, the Parco della Collina di San Colombano, with rows of vines standing out in a landscape of lively colours and
where nature, history and agriculture are the elements of a particularly well-painted picture.
One of the most famous fans of this area was Francesco Petrarca.
In 1353, as a guest of Galeazzo Visconti at Castle San Colombano, he discovered and fell in love with the "vast view of noble lands", spanning from Pavia
to Piacenza and Cremona, that he could admire fromthe castle. A view that remains unaltered today.
5 REASONS TO CHIISE MIRADOLO
- Miradolo Terme is a quiet little town with about 3000 inhabitants, at the foot of the Banine hills. It is situated in a wooded, hilly area with a splendid view of the Oltrepò Pavese area.
- The town itself is inside the Parco della Collinadi San Colombano, ideal for mountain bike trips, or walks along the Sentiero Natura nature trail, inaugurated in 2014.
- San Colombano al Lambro, the neighbouring municipality, is a splendid medieval village. Its most beautiful buildings include the castle,the parish church and oratory of San Rocco.
- To get to know the local products, follow theLa Strada del Vino San Colombano e dei Sapori Lodigiani itinerary (www.viniesaporidilombardia. it).
- If you have not yet visited Lodi, this is your chance. It is less than 20 km away. Must-visits, in the old town centre, are Piazza della Vittoria,the Broletto and the Tempio dell’Incoronata.