- Art & Culture
- Religious Tourism
Santa Margherita V.M. Church
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele 5, Pandino (CR)
The construction of the Santa Margherita V.M. Church started in 1783 and it ended in 1791, thanks to the efforts of the priest Franesco Maria Zanenga.
The facade was inspired by the Pantheon and it has eight big semi-columns with Corinthian capitals and a gable-shaped pediment. In the inner part the space is dominated by four big columns which support the nave’s vault. The Church has a presbytery with a dome and an apse with a semi-basin. The system of vaults is similar to the thermal buildings of the Ancient Rome. The presbytery is separated by the rest of the building by two big pulpits, similar to the ones in Milan’s Cathedral.