- Art & Culture
(entrata da piazza Mercato o via Cavour)
The Bishop's Palace was built along with Lodi Nuova around 1163 and what remains of the original structure can be seen on Via Cavour (where a 13th-century mullion window can be noted) while the rest, dating back to the 18th century, is the work of architect Antonio Veneroni, who was commissioned to rebuild the building by Bishop Carlo Ambrogio Mezzabarba. Work commenced in 1738 under the guidance of brothers Michele and Piergiacomo Sartorio, but the building remained unfinished (only three sides were built) due to the death of the Bishop himself. Of particular beauty is the 17th-century courtyard surrounded by coupled columns, and the 'Treasure of San Bassiano' can be seen in the Diocesan Museum of Sacred Art among other valuable works.