- Art & Culture
On this site stood a small farmhouse that had been built after 1859 by the engineer Graziano Magnani and was called “Vittorina”. The building was destroyed thirty years later and the new cemetery, replacing the old cemetery of San Fereolo in Lodi, was built on its site - and the adjacent fields - purchased by the Lodi municipal administration. This cemetery, designed by architect Formenti, was opened on 1 January 1891, and soon became an important structure in the city's history, including artistic and social history. It was also called the “Vittoria” cemetery to distinguish it from the Riolo cemetery, which was also part of the city. Some of the most important local personalities are among those buried there.