Terme di Trescore
A silent valley and its healthy sulphur water with body healing and regenerative properties
Not all spas and wellness centres have a millennial history like Terme di Trescore Balneario. The spa area is located at the entrance of Val Cavallina, in a natural paradise, at only 15 km from Bergamo, and is fed by three sulphur water sources, which the ancient Romans and, later, the Gauls appreciated and exploited for their wellbeing.
The beginning of modern exploitation, however, started at the end of the 15th century,
when a rich and influential sponsor, Bartolomeo Colleoni, a valiant and much feared military leader, fell in love with the area and financed the renovation and enlargement of the original spa facility, which took the new name of Cà dei Bagni (House of the Baths).
Today, a modern, fully equipped spa and wellness centre is situated beside what is left of the old historic facility, in a green and peaceful setting, where health and beauty go hand in hand.
The Trescore water is rich in hydrogen sulphideand calcium and magnesium chlorides and is suited for the treatment of ear and respiratory diseases, skin conditions, rheumatic diseases and musculoskeletal diseases.
It is also used in highly effective aesthetic treatments. The spa centre also offers
a number of specialised services, including phlebology, motor rehabilitation, dermatology and aesthetic spa treatments, where main skin defects in the face
and legs are removed by ‘soft’ non-invasive treatments.
In addition to its water, Terme di Trescore alsohas an added plus, i.e. a special treatment based on natural mud. The mud is collected directly from a local cave located on top of sulphur water aquifers, it is rich in minerals and particularly effective on the skin and as a remedy to joint pain.
Vascular circuits and routes with underwater massage nozzles are used for leg treatment to reactivate blood circulation and to firm and tone leg muscles.
The Terme di Trescore centre also offers a line of the cosmetic creams based on thermal water, trace elements, herb extracts and selected officinal plants, for guests to continue their treatments at home.
5 REASONS TO CHOOSE TRESCORE
- The spa centre is located in a peaceful hill area close to the Endine and Iseo lakes where splendid medieval castles, such as those of Bianzano and Monasterolo, can be visited.
- Trescore has a magnificent monument, the Cappella Suardi – a chapel built in the 13th century inside the villa of the Suardi counts, where Lorenzo Lotto painted his frescoes in 1524.
- The Trescore town centre is also worth a visit for its historic interest with such pieces of architectural mastery as the Torre Suardi, a tower erected in piazza Cavour in the 13th century.
- In Casazza, the “Cavellas” museum is an archaeological area measuring 1,000 sq.m.(1196 sq.yds.), with a Roman village that can be visited through a well-signed route.
- In Carobbio, the Acetaie Testa (vinegar factories) are among the places worth visiting in the valley and offer a top quality balsamic vinegar called Balsamo degli Angeli.