- Art & Culture
The Archaeological Museum of Lecco is placed at Belgiojoso Palace and hosts all the evidences coming from the several archaeological sites located in Lecco’s territory.
All the collected material is displayed in different rooms as per the relevant belonging period: Paleolithic, Mesolithic, Neolithic, copper age, bronze age, iron age, roman age, high middle ages.
Several panels allow you to better discover Lecco’s history: the settlement of the Man of Neanderthal discovered in the town of Rovagnate, the many and perfectly conserved ceramic vases and flint tools belonging to the bronze age, evidences of the iron age relevant to Golasecca’s civilization.
Lecco’s history is strictly linked to iron thanks to its territory and the archeological museum host a room dedicated to iron and its manufacturing processes.
A museum that gives you the right and complete panorama of Lecco’s history.
Entrance to the garden of Palazzo Belgiojoso is free. The museum ticket allows you to visit the Natural History Museum and the Historical Museum here in, except the Planetarium.
Thanks to the cumulative ticket of the Museum System of Lecco, you can visit Villa Manzoni and Palazzo delle Paure too.
Cover images: Ph. eccoLecco
- from Tuesday to Friday: 9.30 – 2 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 am – 6 pm
- closed on Monday, except on Monday after Easter
Cumulative ticket to visit: Villa Manzoni, Palazzo Belgiojoso and Palazzo delle Paure – Validity: 30 days from ticket’s date
- Full price: € 14,00
- Reduced: € 8,00
- Special reduction: € 4
Single ticket for Palazzo Belgiojoso:
- Full price: € 6,00
- Reduced: € 4,00
- Special reduction: € 2
Reduced price is for:
- citizens resident in Lecco
- groups of more than 8 persons
- person over 6 to 18 years and over 65 years
- University student with the University Student Card)
- members of the Associations under signed agreement with the Municipality of Lecco
- FAi and TCI member with valid card
- visitors if the museum is partially visitable
Special reduction for:
- shows organized in collaboration with other Municipality’s services
Free entrance for:
- 1 chaperon every 15 persons
- disables and relevant helper
- kids to 6 years
- students attending educational activities organized by Si.M.U.L.
- officials of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and ones of Local Museums
- International Council of Museum in compliance with annual fee payment
- owners of valid Card Musei Lombardia and Piemonte
- opening of shows or other events