Terme di Vallio
Valsabbia, just a few kilometres from the Garda lake, with fir and hazelnut trees, invite you for an all-round relaxing experience
Via Sopranico, 11-17 Vallio (BS), Vallio Terme
Perhaps you have never been to Vallio but you are probably familiar with its bottled water sold all over Italy since 1955 under the "Acqua Castello" brand.
This bicarbonate, alkaline, light and highly digestible water has several properties and is considered the treasure of the Terme di Vallio spa centre, where it is used in drinking and inhalation treatments.
Through its digestive, decongesting, anti-spastic and depurative actions, it treats gastro-intestinal, liver, kidney and urinary disorders.
In the form of aerosol, it is an ideal remedy for the ears and the upper respiratory tract. The Vallio spa facility is located in a particularly enthralling location, at 400 metres above sea level and a few yards from a water source. It is not far away from the Vallio town centre (Vallio is a small village in the Valsabbia valley at about 20 km from Brescia), nestled in a silent, green and scented pinewood and can be reached by a road
running across the woodland.
In the western part of the valley, right at the back of it, visitors will find the Sant'Eusebio hill with the Bernacco bastion.
The Vrenda torrent, which formed the valley, is also part of the landscape. The local woodland and climate contribute to regenerate the body and the spirit.
A wellness centre in this privileged environment is all you need if you wish to get back into shape.
It was built a few years ago as an add-on to the spa facility for guests’ workout or, more simply, for their relaxation in a quiet environment.
The Centro Oasi Benessere di Estetica Termale combines western and far eastern traditions. To remove stress and tone up tissues, this aesthetic centre has an extensive offer of treatments including purifying, revitalising and antioxidant masks (e.g. caviar masks and much more) as well as foot reflexology treatments and massages of every type and for all tastes, i.e. relaxing, draining, Tibetan, almond oil, lavender or chocolate massages.
5 REASONS TO CHOOSE VALLIO
- The Lago di Garda and all its extraordinary attractions are close by, making this small town the perfect starting point for visiting a splendid region with a wealth of culture, traditions and excellent food.
- Are you a Nordic walking enthusiast? In the Vallio area you can choose between various tour options, Percorso dell’acqua, 4 km; Percorso del Bröt, 8.2 km; Percorso del Santuario Madonna del Mangher, 10 km.
- In Gavardo, the Museo Archeologico della Valle Sabbia (museoarcheologicogavardo.it) is an archaeological museum of prehistory, witha section on the ancient history of the valley.
- Another building worth visiting is the house of the Italian writer and poet Gabriele d'Annunzio, the Vittoriale degli Italiani, a magnificent monumental complex in the close village of Gardone Riviera.
- To discover local cuisine, you have no better choice than opting for a food and wine itinerary called Strada dei vini e dei sapori del Garda (www.stradadeivini.it).