- Art & Culture
PALAZZO OF THE MAGNIFICA PATRIA AND PALAZZO OF THE PODESTÀ
Both buildings, which sit on the lake front between via Conforti and Piazza della Vittoria, are municipal offices today. The first dates back to 1524; the second was reconstructed in 1905 after the 1901 earthquake which caused considerable damage. The council room contains the bust of Gasparo da Salò by sculptor Angelo Zanelli. On the ceiling is a fresco entitled The Triumph of the Cross by G. Andrea Bertanza. Frescoes by Angelo Landi can be seen in the entrance. There are coats of arms and memorial stones beneath the portico joining the two buildings.