- Art & Culture
- Religious Tourism
CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST IN PIEVE
A chapel already existed in the eighth and ninth centuries. It was later demolished to make way for the parish church, in Romanesque style, dedicated to Saint Mary, mentioned in a bull of 1186 by Pope Urbano III. From that period remains the bell tower and some walls of the rectory. In fact, around 1570 the Romanesque church was demolished and a new sacred building was built, dedicated to St. John the Baptist. In addition to the altars it holds real masterpieces, including the presbytery chancel and the benches and the wooden counter of the sacristy, a work from the early eighteenth century by the sculptor Giacomo Luchini.