- Art & Culture
Palazzo Silva Persichelli
The building, which has housed the Cremonese Courts since 1865, was built at the end of the 18thcentury by architect Faustino Rodi for the Marquis Silva. It then passed to the Persichelli Marquises and in 1848 it became a Jesuit college for young noblemen. Faustino Rodi designed a neoclassical façade with a straight pediment held up by telamons and slightly inwardly-curving sides. Light ashlaring characterises the whole façade, broken up by windows, topped with triangular tympanums, and a central balcony. The entrance opens up onto two porticoed courtyards which lead to the elegant covered stairway, decorated with stuccowork. In the ground and first floor rooms, now used as offices, we find refined 19th century decorations in white and gold stucco and frescoed walls.