- Active & Green
Who said that spas weren't for sports lovers? Come to Salice and you will discover…
Via Perosi, 5, Godiasco Salice Terme (PV)
Some of Lombardy’s natural springs date back to ancient
times and others were only discovered a few years ago.
Some natural springs have then seen spa facilities grow aroundthem, hotels, even entire towns, while others have had ad hoc resorts built around them in just a few years.
This is the case of Terme President, a spa dreamed up by a visionary businessman, who on the hill at the entrance to Salice imagined a great hotel with a spa inside it, conveniently accessed from the guests’ rooms. Inaugurated in 1979, the President Hotel adds further value to the spa facilities in Salice. Refurbished more than once, the spa is open to hotel guests and also to anybody wanting to enjoy a few hours of pure wellbeing. It provides a truly wide variety of services.
For those who have never been to a spa before, a good start could be the “gentle relaxation” package. This does not include personalised treatments like massages and masks, but it gives access to the Finnish sauna and Turkish bath, Scottish shower, vascular hydrotherapy sessions in spa water with hydromassage, gym, relaxation zone with purifying teas, aromatic tisanes and soft music.
For those who, on the other hand, already know about spas and who, above all, want to add sport to their spa experience, the Terme President offers four one-day wellbeing packages, each more interesting than the other.
The Spa, nature and… adventure package will take you horse riding over the hills of the Oltrepò, followed by gentle relaxation, with facial treatments and anti-stress massages.
The Spa, nature by mountain bike package will invite you into the woods, along the banks of rivers and streams in a breath-taking scenery, followed by relaxing post-sport massages, vascular sessions and a tisane in the relaxation zone.
If you love golf, there is the Spa and 18-hole relaxation package; while for those who have always dreamt of seeing the world from above, the Spa… in seventh heaven package will let you do just that, from a paraglider!
5 REASONS TO CHOOSE SALICE
- In the heart of the Parco delle Terme in Salice, the Salice-Terme Adventure Park offers a series of exciting tree-top activities, with suspended platforms, walkways, Tibetan bridges, zip-lines, ropes and ladders.
- Salice Terme is the perfect place for sport in the open air. In addition to golf courses and hiking trails, it also has beach volleyball courts, 5-aside football pitches and swimming pools.
- Who can resist the appeal of a star-filled night sky? To see it “up close” in Cecina there is the Ca’ del Monte Planetarium and Astronomical Observatory, less than 7 km from Salice.
- 6 km out of Salice, the chestnut woods around San Ponzo Semola in Ponte Nizza, are perfect for a walk through to the little chapel of the Grotte di San Ponzo.
- Again in Ponte Nizza, in the old village of Carmelo, with its stone houses, is valuable testimony to the old country civilisations in the Oltrepò Pavese area.