Terme di Sant'Omobono
An elegant liberty villa to offer guests the best combination of natural elements, water, air, earth and light
Viale alle Fonti, 117, Sant'Omobono Terme (BG)
Can you picture an elegant Liberty villa surrounded by the
natural and fresh beauty of a park measuring 130,000 square metres, with century-old trees, fragrant flower beds and, at a short distance, a precious source of spring water?
This fairy tale... is in actual fact something real. And guests will feel very well taken of in this charming setting. In Sant'Omobono Terme, at 25 km from Bergamo, in the green heart of Valle Imagna, Villa delle Ortensie is a spa centre in which nature and science come together. It looks as if time has passed this place by without changing it. The only thing you need to do is relax and enjoy every moment of your stay.
The Medical Spa offers natural therapies, thermal water treatments and, of course, physiotherapy. The Wellness Centre has a choice of treatments based on Manuel Lezaeta Acharán’s concept of ‘thermal equilibrium’. Acharán was a pioneer of natural medicine. Regenerating therapies in this spa facility are only based on natural elements, i.e. air to purify, and water to elicit vital energy, earth to soothe inflammation, light to stimulate the nervous system and help vitamin synthesis.
In short, Villa delle Ortensie is the right place to break away from city life and enjoy moments of full relaxation and self-care. You can follow the wellness programme in the Spa-Thermarium, bathe in the bio-lake of the park, where water is treated with magnesium and potassium, use the fitness centre (a gym hall, a sauna, a swimming pool and a solarium) for as long as you wish, and even enjoy the benefits of the rigorously organic menu proposed by a restaurant available in the premises.
All meals are made with ingredients sourced from organic and biodynamic crops. Finally, during your stay, you could opt for excursions to the various places of interest in this marvellous corner of the world, e.g. pleasant walks, more demanding trekking trails or speleological itineraries to discover the rich cave system of the area.
5 REASONS TO CHOOSE SANT'OMOBONO
- The Sant'Omobono village is worth visiting for the ancient complex of Cà Taiocchi, a fine example of medieval rural architecture.
- Right above the built area is a Madonna della Cornabusa sanctuary, sculpted inside natural grottos since the early 16th century.
- For a biking or walking experience, you can opt for a Percorso Vitae trail starting from the "Elia Frosio" sports centre, with railings and installations all along the Imagna torrent course.
- Throughout the valley, karstic erosion created a system of charming grottoes (250 in total), one of the best of these is the Tomba dei Polacchi (Poles’ Tomb), which was inhabited in the Bronze era.
- Those seeking adventure could also pay a visit to Grotta Val d'Adda, a grotto fully sculpted by the torrent that runs through it.